Thursday, July 15, 2010

Library Day

"Poppleton took library day very seriously." --Cynthia Rylant.

Poppleton's library day was Monday.  Ours is Thursday.  Ruth Keeler Memorial stays open until 7PM so it gives me a couple of hours after I quit working at 5.  Sometimes Julie comes; always AJ comes.  I browse the stacks while he plays with the puppets in the children's room.  Then I tell him it's time to check out and he picks 2 DVDs and I browse the kid shelves for anything that might look good for bedtime reading.

Summertime has the additional joy of being able to stop by Country Farmer or Outhouse Orchards on the way home to see if there's anything yummy.  So tonight there will be corn on the cob, tomato and mozzarella salad, boiled red and blue potatoes, and a spot of cole slaw.  Then I will look at the books I brought home and decide what to read first.

I brought home:


Holy Man's Journey by Susan Trott

The Little Book: A Novel by Selden Edwards (it's not a little book in the spirit of my last post which kind of disappointed me but oh well)

Bel Canto by Ann Patchett

Jewels: A Secret History by Victoria Finlay

Paris from the Ground Up by James H. S. McGregor

No comments:

Post a Comment